Laureus World Sports Awards Limited (’We’ or ‘Us’) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This notice sets out the basis on which the information you provide to Us will be processed. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your information and how We will treat it.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Personal Data"):
- Information that you (or, where you are staff of a supplier, your employer) provide to Us, by applying for accreditation by filling in a form or by requesting a link to an accreditation form including your full name, e-mail address and contact details, passport details, including your photo, employment details and your requested accreditation. Any passport details taken will be strictly necessary for a particular service;
- All additional information you may provide so that you receive the services you require whilst attending the Awards (such as but not limited to your flight and hotel information, passport details, transport requirements, food preferences, events you will be attending etc.).
- Any biographical information you provide Us for your inclusion in documentation at the Awards (such as your job title or the name of your organisation);
- Any further information provided to Us about you by our security partners;
- Your nomination and voting decisions for the Awards;
- Images and recordings of your participation at the Awards;
- If you contact Us, We may keep a record of that correspondence.
HOW WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use the Personal Data held about you to:
- enable Us to provide the required services to you during the Awards and assist Us with their arrangement and organisation;
- allow Us to assess your application for accreditation at the Awards;
- deal with your enquiries and requests;
The above named processing of Personal Data is necessary for the performance of a contract.
We also use your Personal Data to:
- publicise the Awards and the Laureus Sport for Good Foundation's work;
- ensure the security of the Awards and prevent fraud or other illegal activities;
- communicate with you about the Awards and other legal requirements;
This processing will be performed based on our legitimate interests.
Finally, We use your Personal Data to meet legal, regulatory and compliance requirements.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We do not rent, sell or share Personal Data about you with other parties or non-affiliated companies except under the following circumstances:
- for members of the media, sharing your Personal Data (with your consent) with Laureus, Richemont and Daimler partners as set out in Marketing Communications below;
- for staff of suppliers, sharing your accreditation status with your employer;
- to third party providers who provide services on our behalf such as application / accreditation website, mobile device applications and database hosting or event services;
- We may disclose your Personal Data to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where We believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, ensure the security of our events or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party;
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We want you to feel confident about our use of your Personal Data, and We are committed to protecting the Personal Data We collect. We limit access to Personal Data about you to employees or relevant suppliers who reasonably need access to it to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the Personal Data that you provide to Us against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, damage or destruction.
RETENTION AND YOUR RIGHTS
We keep your Personal Data for only as long as is necessary for the respective purposes of the processing, and in particular to protect ourselves in the event of a legal claim. After this period it will be deleted or in some cases anonymised. Where we sought your consent to process your Personal Data and we have no other lawful basis to continue with that processing, if you subsequently withdraw your consent we will no longer process and delete your Personal Data.
You have the right of access, and – under certain conditions – the right of rectification and erasure, the right to restriction of processing, the right to data portability, the right not to be subject to automated decision-making and the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data.
To exercise any of your above named rights, please contact us as follows:
Laureus World Sports Awards Limited
15 Hill Street
Direct line: +44 (0) 20 7514 2729
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7514 2837
CHANGES TO OUR ACCREDITATION PRIVACY NOTICE
Any changes we may make to this privacy notice in the future will be posted on this internet page and, if appropriate, notified to you by e-mail.
Date of Posting: December 2019