Laureus World Sports Awards Limited (’we’ or ‘us’) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This notice sets out the basis on which the information you provide to Us will be processed. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your information and how We will treat it.
Information We Collect From You
We will collect and process the following data about you (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Personal Data"):
- Information that you (or, where you are staff of a supplier, your employer) provide to Us, by applying for accreditation by filling in a form or by requesting a link to an accreditation form including your full name, e-mail address and contact details, passport details, employment details and your requested accreditation;
- All additional information you may provide so that you receive the services you require whilst attending the Awards (such as but not limited to your flight and hotel information, passport details, transport requirements, food preferences, events you will be attending etc.).
- Any biographical information you provide Us for your inclusion in documentation at the Awards (such as your job title or the name of your organisation);
- Any further information provided to Us about you by our security partners
- Your nomination and voting decisions for the Awards;
- Images and recordings of your participation at the Awards;
- If you contact Us, We may keep a record of that correspondence.
How We Will Use Your Information
We use the Personal Data held about you to:
- assist Us with the arrangement, organisation and provision of services to you during the Awards;
- allow Us to assess your application for accreditation at the Awards
- deal with your enquiries and requests;
- publicise the Awards;
- ensure the security of the Awards and prevent fraud or other illegal activities;
- meet legal, regulatory and compliance requirements;
- communicate with you about the Awards and other legal requirements.
Sharing your information
We do not rent, sell or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except under the following circumstances:
- for members of the media, sharing your information (with your consent) with Laureus, Richemont and Daimler partners as set out in Marketing Communications below;
- for staff of suppliers, sharing your accreditation status with your employer;
- to third party providers who provide services on our behalf such as application / accreditation Website, mobile device applications and database hosting or event services;
- We may disclose your personal information to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where We believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, ensure the security of our events or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party;
Where We Store Your Personal Data
Information We collect may be transferred to, stored and processed in any country or territory which is a member state of the European Union and/or Switzerland and where one or more of our affiliated group companies or third party service providers are located or maintain facilities. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your Personal Data is treated securely and in accordance with our internal policies.
Protecting your information
We want you to feel confident about our use of your information, and We are committed to protecting the personal information We collect. We limit access to personal information about you to employees or relevant suppliers who reasonably need access to it, to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We have appropriate technical and organisational physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the personal information that you provide to Us against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, damage or destruction.
Retention and Your Rights
We will retain the information you provide Us for use in other future relevant events for a period of up to two years. You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information that We hold about you in our records, to correct any inaccuracies and to update any out-of-date information. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or wish to object to our use of your personal information, please write to Us at the email address below.
Laureus World Sports Awards Limited
15 Hill Street
Direct line: +44 (0) 20 7514 2729
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7514 2837
Changes To Our Accreditation Privacy Notice
Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this internet page and, if appropriate, notified to you by e-mail.
Date of Posting: January 2018